sunnuntai 20. toukokuuta 2012

Possibles pouch.

Just a small quickly done possibles pouch i did  yesterday. Nothing fancy, its not finished well but hey, its a user.
.




I started it by sketching something in to paper, making it a pattern that  cut off, and copied to leather piece, which made it easy to make this. I was thinking of putting the seams inside but for reasons unknown, i stitched it so that the seams are on the outside.




After i cut the leather pattern it was fast to stitch this up as it does not have much to sew. I didnt find any metal snaps or buttons so i tinkered this button from some stainless washer, a split rivet and inside, theres also a brass washer to keep it all together, and it seems to be sturdy indeed.



 Simple wide belt loop, and under the flap, there are good sized flaps too, that fold inside if needed but they do a good job preventing any stuff to fall accidentally from my pouch.  I have made pouches without inner flaps but no more, the small items always drop easier if there just one main flap covering the contents.


Its about 4cm x 11cm x 11 cm sized, so i can stuff a multitool in it, and i didnt want to make this too big at all, as i have pouches that are way bigger and also, pouches far smaller than this, so my new pouch fill the gap between.





 After the leather dye dries, as well as the saddle leather oil that i poured all over this, the final colour will be bit more red. I made a few decoratives to this, 2 axes and "my" rune, a few spruce branches...or atleast i see em like that :), a wolverine´s paw and under the flap, theres a clumsy attempt to write..sorry that its not perfect my any means, but my handwriting is what it is,heh. Anyways, its says, in english something like " adapt to nature and it will provide you."

Thats it, i am off to sew a puukko´s sheath.


9 kommenttia:

Akiri kirjoitti...

Kyl on komea,vähän niinkuin edellinen( siis se mikä mul on ;) ) Toi ahman kämmen kuva on hieno

Gorges Smythe kirjoitti...

Very nice. I've always wanted to try leather work, but never have.

Perkunas kirjoitti...

Thank you, its not the finest that i can do, not even close, but something, and i think it will be a daily user, so it will get sratched etc, so its more important that its rugged and reliable than only fancy.

Kiitti, Akiri.

Cro kirjoitti...

Very nicely done! I really like the tooling, outstanding!

Perkunas kirjoitti...

AG,

well i would Not call this outstanding but thank you for saying so :).

Unknown kirjoitti...

Looks awesome. Great Job!

Ron kirjoitti...

I like it...
I like it a lot!

How did you do the drawing and writing? Carve it out or imprinting?

Who cares if the handwriting doesn't look like printing? Personally I believe it is the most personal touch you can give, simply because it IS your own!

Fimbulmyrk kirjoitti...

Great one... and inspiring me... I am a bit reluctant concerning my shoulder / ditty / crane bag currently, and you kick my butt a bit by this post, thanks for that!*ggg*

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

That sheet looks great. I really like the wolverine paw and those flaps must be good for keeping things inside the pouch.

-Askemux-